The Ultra-Green, Double Midnight Sun Approach…
Providing “Once in a Lifetime” experiences – on a regular basis…
A Radical, Game-changing, Re-invention of Fractional Yacht Ownership…
“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get…” – Warren Buffett
- Green Explorers Society (GES) offers syndicated global fractional ownership of 6 planned identical 105ft, zero-emission, extreme expedition sailing yachts.
- The ultra sea-worthy, Green Explorer vessels will be available for fractional owners to discover 12 of the world’s most fascinating sailing areas through a HK corporate fractional ownership syndicate.
- Each 32m, fully crewed, Green Explorer vessel is owned by a private HK company in which the fractional owners hold shares – and thus ownership – relative to their global annual vessel usage.
- Through their subsequent membership of the exclusive Green Explorers Society, the owners have the right to use any of the identical sister ships in the society’s planned worldwide fleet.
- The vessels are RINA Charter Classed and MCA LY2/3 certified for “Unrestricted Navigation”.
- They are highly affordable, luxurious exploration yachts, ice re-enforced and built from up to 15mm arctic steel where it counts.
- The zero-emission, double super-insulated vessels are designed and built to explore both the tropics and the high-latitude “Ends of the World” in maximum safety and comfort – without burning any fuel, fossil or otherwise.
- Due to their outstanding zero-emission and other green capabilities, we are negotiating with RINA to create a new top-tier “Green Plus” environmental class notation: “Green Plus – Diamond”, to distinguish us securely from the more mundane Green Plus notations: Gold and Platinum.
During local summers, the initial 6 proposed, fully crewed Green Explorer vessels will be based in 6 of the world’s most attractive and unusual high latitude locations in both hemispheres. When local winters approach, the vessels will relocate towards the Equator and base themselves in 6 interesting tropical cruising areas.
To post a comment click here
Once or twice a year, depending on your share holding, you, as the owner – and your family or guests (max 8 adults and up to 4 children) – are guaranteed one or two 2-weeks period(s) of sailing and exploration according to your own itinerary. Each year, you will choose your 2-weeks period(s) on board any of the society’s fully crewed vessels under a rotating choice allocation scheme. The owners can freely exchange their chosen weeks with other society members – or charter them out, thus recuperating part or all of their initial investment in as little as 30 months. (Charter Income)
The Green Explorers Society is created for the curious and adventurous, yet safety conscious and environmentally aware individuals or organisations,
- who seek exceptional “Once in a Lifetime” experiences – on a regular basis…
- who would like to live their lives – at least occasionally – “outside the box”…
- who long to explore the “Ends of the World” in maximum safety, comfort and functional luxury…
- who would like to share unforgettable experiences with their family and friends…
- who would like to do all of the above in an environmentally sound and responsible way…
- who wants to do all of the above whilst getting exceptional “value for money”…
For these “Realistic Dreamers”, we have designed an efficient, no-nonsense, no-hassle, transparent corporate structure, enabling you to experience life on board your own zero-emission, extreme expedition sailing vessel. You can explore the worlds unique sailing areas for as little as 1/80 of the normal costs – but with 100% of the enjoyment.
Just decide where and when, show up, cast off – and be prepared for pampered adventure. All the mundane, time-consuming chores have been dealt with.
Lastly, becoming a fractional owner and member of Green Explorers Society would also provide numerous benefits for corporations, universities and other research institutes, as well as a great source of income for yacht charter companies and yacht brokers.
We offer flexible ownership options, from 1.25% to 100% of one – or more – of the GES vessels. As an example: 10% of the shares in one of the Hong Kong companies, which each owns one of the Green Explorer vessels, will cost US$400.000 and all shareholders become members of the exclusive Green Explorers Society for as long as they hold their shares. As a 10% shareholder/fractional owner, you – and your family or guests (max 8 adults and up to 4 children) – are guaranteed 2 x 2 weeks annual exclusive usage (via a rotating choice scheme) of any of the vessels in the fleet. This gives you, as an owner, the choice of two local midnight sun summer periods or two tropical “winter” periods – in two of the World’s 12 most fascinating and unusual sailing areas – each year!
Owners are free to exchange their periods and/or to charter out any of their weeks to 3rd parties @ USD40+K per week.
Pooled charter income from 8-12 surplus weeks will partly or fully cover the yearly running costs. (See: Charter Income)
(See: Fractional Ownership).
All Green Explorer vessels will carry a fully licenced crew of four: an experienced captain with extensive local and technical knowledge, a first officer/machinery engineer, a gourmet chef and a steward(ess). The crews will capable of carrying out all routine/preventive maintenance tasks and dealing with possible emergencies. When GES is fully operational, a complete spare crew will be on stand-by, ready to take over with short notice in case of illness and/or during crew vacations.
Planned Bases and Sailing Areas…
During two annual midnight sun summers, the 6 planned Green Explorer vessels, will be based in high latitudes of both hemispheres; 3 in the North and 3 in the South. During local winters, the vessels move their bases towards The Equator.
Planned summer bases are: S. Chile/Antarctic Peninsula, Madagascar, NZ S. Island, S/W Greenland, N. Norway & Alaska’s Inland Passage.
Planned tropical winter bases are: Galapagos, S. Caribbean, Gt. Barrier Reef/N. Guinea, Canary Islands/The Med, N. Caribbean & Baja California.
The raw hull of the prototype, show boat and research vessel, “Green Explorer Z.E.” (for zero-emission), tasted the water of the Pacific Ocean for the first time, as it was test launched and moved to the shipyard’s new construction site.
“Green Explorer Z.E.”, Prototype, Show Boat and Research Vessel:
The prototype and sister ship for the Green Explorer vessels, “Green Explorer Z.E.” (for Zero-Emission), an identical showboat and research vessel for renewable energy systems afloat, is currently under construction with delivery planned for Summer 2016. (Please see the PDF brochure at: www.thedragonproject.com)
Follow-on Green Explorer vessels will be delivered latest 18 months after contract signing.